Meet On ambassador, Catherine van StadenThe Social Media Company
If there’s any one group of people putting On shoes to the ultimate test, it’s the On ambassadors. These athletes have sport and running at the top of their minds more often than most, and also typically spend more time on the road or trails than most of us mere mortals.
Some of On’s ambassadors have kindly agreed to give us their take on their sport of choice, as well as giving their feedback about running in On shoes. If you’ve been in two minds about giving On a go, read on.
We spoke to On ambassador, Catherine van Staden – here’s what she had to say.
- Hi Catherine! Please tell us more about yourself?
I am Catherine van Staden, a sports enthusiast, get-goer and all-round adventurer. I live for a challenge, and always strive to make sure I turn the impossible into the possible.
- When and how did you first learn about On running shoes?
I was at the Ironman Western Australia in December 2017. On shoes had a shop there, promoting and selling shoes.
- What was it that attracted you to these shoes when you first discovered them?
The weight and the colours!
- Which On shoes do you own at the moment?
Two pairs of Cloud X, and Cloudrock hiking boots.
- Now that you’ve been wearing On for a while, what is it you like most about the shoes?
The weight is still my first love for the shoe, and remains my love for the shoe. Now that I’ve bought the Cloudrock hiking boots, I am even more amazed at the comfort and weight, especially since this is a hiking boot that feels like a running shoe!
- Do you ever wear your On shoes when you are not working out?
Yes, I use my On as a daily shoe, whether working out or not! They are my everyday shoes.